Well first of all, greens have a reputation of being good for your health, and if this is true, then wheatgrass has quite a benefit for you!
Wheatgrass is a nutrient-rich type of young grass in the wheat family. As a dietary supplement, it can be in tablet, capsule and liquid forms. But of course, it is best when taken in fresh as a juice.
Here are some quick facts:
- Wheatgrass is a complete source of protein, meaning it contains all essential amino acids.
- This grassy herb 2x the amount of Vitamin A than carrots.
- It has more Vitamin C than oranges.
- Full of other micronutrients we really need more of, such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, etc.
- Therefore in terms of chemical composition, it is quite a power hours. But its health benefits do not stop here.
- Wheatgrass is a great detoxifier for the liver and blood, thus making their job easier when we overload on coffee, sugar, alcohol, medications, etc.
Still not convinced that wheatgrass, especially in the form of freshly squeezed juice, is good for you?
- It contains all minerals and is rich in protein.
- Owing to its many enzymes, among which is dismutase, it helps to slow down the aging mechanism.
- If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 115 minerals from the soil.
- Being green, is full of chlorophyll (up to 70%) which is an important phytonutrient helping our body cells heal and grow.
- Its chlorophyll carries binds with oxygen and thus transports it throughout our organs, contributing to healthy bodies.
Definitely, please add more wheatgrass to your diet and be healthy!
Wheatgrass is one of the 5 organic dietary supplements included in the Dolce Vita Detox kit.