To start off your day right, here's one of our favourite filling smoothies that is super easy to prepare in a pinch and tastes amazing!
- 1 banana (fresh and peeled or frozen)
- 1 handful of strawberries (fresh and washed or frozen)
- 1 scoop of protein powder, or ground hemp (optional)
- 300 mL of milk (soy or cow's)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Throw all of these items in your blender or bullet. If you didn't use frozen ingredients, you can add ice cubes to thicken and cool the smoothie.
Fruit Tip: All those bananas you have sitting on the counter that are turning too yellow to eat on their own can easily be peeled, cut up and placed in a sealed bag in the freezer. They are perfect and quick additions to your smoothie routine in the morning!