Rich, creamy, satisfying and delish, here's a solid 4 person veggie stir fry that's bound to get mouths saying "Mmmm!"
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 head of rinsed broccoli, cut into small bite sized sprigs
- 1 bag of bean sprouts, rinced
- 2 medium washed chinese eggplants, sliced
- 7-10 sprigs of asparagus, rinced, ends broken off
- 2-3 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Soy Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Thai Veggie Ground Round or Cooked Lentils
- Red and brown rice - 1/2 Cup - 1 cup uncooked.
- Water, 2.5 cups
- 1.5 tbsp plain peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp of chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp of garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cilantro sprigs, washed, rinced
- 4-5 chopped peanuts per serving
- Wedge of lime per serving
- Sweet onion mustard (plate garnish)
- Sriracha (plate garnish)
- In medium pot, cook rice in water.
- In wok or saucepan, heat oil, onion & garlic till translucent.
- In wok, add washed and wet broccoli sprigs, broken pieces of asparagus, bean sprouts, and sliced eggplant in pan, stir. Add a bit of water. Let cook for 2-3 mins, then add Liquid Soy seasoning. Stir consistently on medium or higher heat.
- In small saucepan, heat peanut butter and add 1 tsp honey or agave syrup. Add spices and stir on medium low heat, until a couple of bubbles form. Remove from heat.
- Pour peanut sauce directly over the veggies in wok. Fold into centre to blend the sauce. Add veggie ground/lentils. Continue to blend ingredients into centre evenly; turn heat down and let flavors mince.
- Once rice is cooked, ladle onto plate, and add the wok mixture on top. Garnish with cilantro and wedge of lime on side. As added garnish, sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.
DEVOUR :) This should serve 4, but for the hungry ones, a solid 3 will feast.