- 1/2 large Spanish onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 organic medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained), approx 540 mL
- 3 to 5 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Soy Seasoning
- 1 tbsp golden curry spice
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (or as much heat as you want!)
- fresh basil for presentation
- In a large pot, heat oil and add the chopped onion. Sautee for 5-7 mins on medium heat.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, cutting off any unwanted pieces. Chop in thin or small bit size pieces.
- Place in large pot on top of onion and stir. Add 2 cups of water and stir some more, then place lid on pot and allow potatoes to get soft and break apart.
- Add garlic salt, oregano, golden curry spice and desired amount of chili flakes. Season to taste.
- Add more water, stirring often to allow potatoes to break down further.
- Add chick peas, stirring as you go. The mixture will get quite thick so depending on your preferred consistency, you can add more water, and let simmer.
Place contents in blender to make a puree. If you prefer chunky (as in the photo), just keep stirring and then you're done!
Estimated serving amount: This Sweet Chick Soup recipe served us a hearty 4 to 5 bowls (1 cup each), however results may vary depending on how large your potatoes are, and if you choose to puree the soup, or leave it chunky.