- 2 handfuls of organic basil (40 g or about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup of cashews or walnuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp. vegan grated cheese
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
Place all ingredients into food processor or Nutribullet, blend well till creamy. Serve on pasta, spread onto sandwiches, layer onto roasted vegetables or bake into flatbread. Top with fresh ground pepper.
For a little extra, add some sun dried tomatoes to the puree. Savour and devour. Serves 2-3 medium portions of well dressed pasta.