Here is a hearty, flavourful, protein- and iron-rich vegan salad when those garden yellow beans are growing faster than you can steam them! Make sure to have extra mixed greens for leftovers, as this is a nice big recipe!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ vegetable cube
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can drained chickpeas
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cups chopped garden beans, washed
- 2 handfuls of mixed greens, washed
- 1 cob fresh yellow corn (optional)
- 2-3 polish pickles sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp salt to taste
In a medium saucepan, cook the quinoa. As the quinoa expands, add ½ veggie cube to water. Once most of the water has evaporated, turn down heat to low. Add garlic, onion, turmeric & black pepper. Stir occasionally. Add olive oil & apple cider vinegar. Stir again.
In a large salad bowl, add chopped garden beans and fresh corn & pickles (if desired). Pour all the quinoa and the can of chickpeas on top, and stir to mix all.
Serve on a bed of mixed greens, drizzle a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and nutritional yeast on top to taste. Enjoy!